SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT RESOURCES
The physical and emotional stress experienced by those suffering from COVID-19 vaccination injury can be nearly unbearable at times. Using alcohol or other drugs to relieve stress is an age-old human trait, but overusing alcohol or other drugs as a coping mechanism during these difficult times has consequences.
An escalating pattern of drinking or using drugs may be an indication of the development of addiction, which affects relationships and the body:
Factors to Consider
- Increased frequency in drinking alcohol or using drugs
- Increased alcohol and/or drug consumption
- Use despite concerns expressed by others
- Use despite negative consequences on social or other areas of functioning
- Use despite behavioral problems, such as acting inappropriately, or putting yourself or others into dangerous situations
If you or a loved one is struggling with alcohol or drug use, do not hesitate to seek help.
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
National Rehabilitation Hotline
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
Alcoholics Anonymous v. Other Treatments