Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content

J. – Georgia

Describe the symptoms and the timeline of the reaction.



I was a healthy physically active 39yr old female physician and new mom to a 4 month old baby when I got my first Pfizer vaccine on 12/26/20. At 11 minutes after the shot I became flushed, tachycardic, hypertensive, and dizzy. I laid down for about an hour and the symptoms started to improve. I was taken to our ER where an EKG was normal. There was no concern for anaphylaxis and I felt better so I left.

I got the 2nd vaccine on 1/15/21 and experienced the same symptoms within 2 minutes of getting the shot. I laid down and waited for them to subside. After 20min I felt better and left. I was driving home on the freeway and suddenly my face starting burning and flushing and my heart was racing. I began to feel like I would pass out and frantically looked for an exit to get off the freeway. I pulled over in a parking lot and laid in my car for 30 minutes until the symptoms stopped.

Over the next several weeks I began experiencing brain fog, nausea, extreme fatigue, diarrhea, heat intolerance, tinnitus, POTS/tachycardia, and dizziness when sitting or standing. I often felt like I may pass out. I missed multiple days of work due to my symptoms. One day I was taken by ambulance to the ER from work due to the severity of my condition. I was diagnosed with dysautonomia/POTS and small fiber neuropathy. My colonoscopy showed a nonspecific colitis. I was able to return to work for a few weeks after a 6 week leave however I began experiencing worsening joint and muscle pain and had difficulty walking. I ended up going on leave again due to my disability.

I had 4 ER visits and also saw my primary care physician, an allergist, 2 cardiologists, a neurologist, a rheumatologist, a dermatologist, and a gastroenterologist. I enrolled in a study with the National Institute of Health (NIH) and underwent further testing at their clinic center. I have had 4 MRIs, one CT, an echocardiogram, 2 tilt table tests, 3 EMG/NCS, a lumbar puncture, and 2 skin biopsies. I have had at least 50 tubes of blood drawn over the past 4 months. I have taken two courses of prednisone and received 5 days of IVIG. My condition remains debilitated and I am unable to work. I am trying to slowly recover after the IVIG but it will likely take several months, possibly more.

J. - Georgia

  • I certify that the statements made in the above submission are true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.
  • I agree to allow React 19 to share my testimonial publicly on its website, social media, or webinar platforms. I further understand that my testimonial will be posted publicly and React 19 cannot prevent third-parties from sharing it once public.
  • I agree to notify React 19 immediately should I discover inaccuracies in my testimonial in order to maintain the integrity of React 19's advocacy platform.
The individual experience shared above is offered for informational purposes only. React19 neither endorses nor recommends any treatment(s) noted therein. React19 does not diagnose medical conditions, offer treatment advice, treat illnesses, or prescribe medicine or drugs. It is strongly recommended that, prior to acting upon any information gleaned from a shared experience, you first consult a physician.